As your time spent in the sun this summer increases, the chances of your pore sizes getting larger increases as well. Since pores tend to be most prominent in oily areas on the skin, they tend to be most visible in the T-zone (the sides of the nose, the forehead, and the chin). The good news is there are ways to get to the core of your pores and minimize their appearance. By understanding the typical causes of large, visible pores and how to treat the problem, you can get the flawless look you desire, even with large pores.
Causes of Enlarged Pores
1. Genetics – If you are born with oily or combination skin, your pores will appear larger due to excessive oil production.
2. Aging – No matter what skin type you have, unfortunately your skin will begin losing its suppleness as you age. A loss of elasticity in the skin due to aging causes collapsed pores and as a result causes them to appear enlarged.
3. Sun Damage – Similar to the effects of aging, prolonged sun exposure weakens the skin’s collagen, causing the walls of pores to sag as they lose their elasticity and appear larger.
Two of our Favorite Pore-Minimizing Products
1. SOTHYS Pore Refiner Products – The SOTHYS Complexion Perfector, Smoothing OR Mattifying Refiner Solution, and Pore Refiner Peel-Off Mask all help remove impurities to reduce enlarged pores, refine skin texture, and create long-lasting results for more perfect skin.
2. Colorescience Pro Minerals Line Tamer – Line Tamer is a skin brightening treatment with SPF. Not only does the product prevent and repair skin from sun damage, it helps to create a more uniform skin texture to camouflage and prevent the visible appearance of enlarged pores.