Ampoules – small vials of concentrated formulas aimed at correcting specific skin concerns – are finally getting their 15 minutes of fame. Though already widely popular in Europe and Asia (especially Korea), the U. S. is just being introduced to this vital part of skin care regimens.
So, why are these little capsules used during professional European facials? The perfected formula gives the most powerful and instantaneous results possible. Its small molecular structure allows for quick absorption and prepares skin for additional products…including your serum.
These differ from normal serums as they contain a higher concentration and are designed for short-term use (figure one to two weeks). “Consumers have high expectations when purchasing skin care products today and expect results, fast,” says Benjamin Simpson, senior vice president of marketing for Babor, which is responsible for manufacturing over 20 million ampoules each year.
Asia is credited for being the leaders in ampoule usage, thanks to the trend of multi-layering. Ten step skin care regiments are very common in Asian countries, usually done twice a day. This allows products to build on one another, offering the best concentration and penetration of ingredients. Implement ampoules into your daily layering of skin care products. Ampoules are designed to be used short term so, when a new skin concern arises, you can easily switch to a new ampoule without altering other products. They penetrate through to some of the deepest layers of your skin and can be very effective. Due to their concentration during application, they can produce results right away but, make sure you are using the right type of ampoule for your skin type and skin care needs.
Sothys has come out with Essential Ampouples…four different ampoules for hydrating, oxygentating, brightening and anti-aging, each benefit various skin needs. Sothys is donating 50% of Essential Ampoules sales to The Florida Breast Cancer Foundation.
How are ampoules used correctly?
- Thoroughly cleanse face, neck and cleavage with care products according to the skin type.
- Apply a face tonic in order to rebuild the acid mantle of the skin and to improve the penetration of the active ingredients into the skin.
- When using Sothys ampoules simply snap off the applicator tip and sprinkle the product in the palm of your hand.
- The valuable ingredients are now applied with the fingertips and gently tapped until the impression arises that the skin is saturated.
- In case a small rest is left, this should be used as quickly as possible (due to the preservation and the sensitivity of the high concentrated active ingredients).
- Finally, apply your usual care products.