Toner is a great product to include in your skincare regimen; however, many women don’t give toner enough attention because they’re unaware of all the benefits it offers. For this reason, we’re sharing with you five reasons to start making time for your toner.
1. It works as a moisture enhancer. Think of your skin like a sponge. When it’s wet, it will absorb more liquid than if it were dry. This is exactly what toner does for your skin; it pre-moistens it so that your skin can absorb more of the products.
2. It removes every last trace of dirt, oil, and makeup. While buildup from your busy day is washed away with cleanser, you may not realize how much residue is still left on your skin. This is especially true if you wear makeup every day. Toner is the final step in removing all traces of dirt and oil.
3. It balances the pH of your skin. When your pH is too high, your skin is less able to fight off bacterial infections, acne, and oil. When your pH is too low, your skin will appear dull and aged. Toner helps to balance the skin’s pH to normal levels.
4. It reduces inflammation of the skin. Toner soothes and calms skin while stimulating blood circulation, which reduces inflammation and promotes healing.
5. It’s “Oh So French.” French women tend to use toner to remove their cleanser because they don’t consider water to be pure enough. Toner leaves skin cleaner and fresher than simply cleansing with water.
Now that you know how beneficial toner is, you should match your product to your skin type. This can be tricky, as toners have a variety of ingredients, so it’s important to understand which ingredients benefit your specific skin type.
|menthol and camphor to control excess oil.||
honey extract and cucumber to soothe and moisturize irritation.
|chamomile and allantoin to create a calming mixture.||
a mixture of St. John’s wort, witch hazel, cucumber
|Try: Sothys Lotion douce purifiante||Try: Sothys Lotion douce||Try: Sothys Lotion douce confort||
Try: Sothys Lotion douce satinée
Note that your toner should never contain alcohol, no matter your skin type, because it acts as a drying agent that can damage skin.
Still having trouble choosing your toner? Stop by the salon for a skin analysis.
Next week: Event Recap – An Evening of French Beauty Secrets