The holidays are times for family, friends, and joy…in theory! We all know how stressful the holidays can get with all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, and traveling. The list never seems to end! It’s important to set some time aside for yourself to do the things you love most. Whether you want to enjoy time with friends and family, give back to others, or spend some much needed time alone, make sure to add a little shimmer during your holidays!
5 Ways to Add a Little Shimmer
1. Give To Local Charities: One that we suggest is the Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County, which helps organizations all over the County: soup kitchens, after school programs, senior centers, recovery centers, food pantries, residential centers, as well as homeless shelters. For every $1 donated to the SLO Food Bank, they can distribute the equivalent of 7 meals to hungry children, families, and seniors on the Central Coast. So whether you donate your money, food, or time, you’ll add a little shimmer to your life by helping those less fortunate.
2. Make Time for You: By making time for yourself this holiday, you’ll be able to give more back to those around you. So do what you love, or try out some of these ideas: read a good page-turner, relax in a bubble bath, or take a walk every day. Of course, make time for your facial regime as it’s important to stay consistent with your skincare, even when you’re busy.
3. Wear a little shimmer: It’s amazing what a little change in makeup routine can do for your complexion and for your spirit. Shimmer doesn’t have to be overwhelming but the right amount can give your cheek bones a glow, make your beautiful eyes stand out, or draw attention to your lovely lips. If you’re a little timid, stop by the salon and we’d love to give you some tips. Also, make sure to stop by this Thursday, Dec. 2 for our open house Add A Little Shimmer to Your Holiday event from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m!
4. Enjoy A Parisian Getaway: Step into our salon at any time to slip away into your own Parisian Getaway. Our sitting room is always open to guests. In December, we’ll be entering all of our guests into a raffle to win a le Pere Noel (Father Christmas) Facial to enjoy on the day before Christmas Eve.
5. Treat yourself to a peel: Finish off the end of the year by peeling away any rough layers of skin and debri, revealing fresh, shimmering skin for the holidays.
If you want a little more shimmer, we’d love to see you at our upcoming events!
Add a Little Shimmer to Your Holiday
Thursday, December 2nd
3:00pm – 7:00pm (open house)
Drop in with your girlfriends during this open-house evening of makeup artistry with skincare professionals from Colorescience Pro Minerals!
For further details:
visit our Facebook event page, or call 805.785.0340
Advanced Skincare Solutions from Sothys
Thursday, December 16th
2:00pm – 6:00pm (open house)
Stop by for your personal skincare consultation with Sothys’ National Trainer, Jean Stewart, who will tell you why all skincare lines are not alike, what makes Sothys so popular among French women, and more.