1. Home Depot and A French Touch Salon have more in common than you may have thought. Both offer their clients the best way to prep, prime, and finish. Like painting a home, similar steps are required when applying mineral makeup to your facial structure.
Michael reminds us, “The beauty of mineral makeup is that it responds to its surface, which means you get best results by prepping and priming the skin. Since minerals enhance a hydrated and prepped surface it’s important to prep the skin with moisturizer, then prime the skin with Line Tamer SPF20 Primer. Now that your face is prepped and primed, you can apply your Colorescience mineral foundation for a flawless finish.”
2. Most women put their makeup on backwards. Although most women do the opposite , you should always apply your mineral eye shadow before your foundation. This order allows you to easily remove excess eye shadow that fell beneath your eyes during the application process. In addition, dark eye shadows should be worn in the evening, not in the daytime.
Michael says, “Minerals reflect light. With this in mind, don’t wear dark smoky shadows during the day because the darker the color you have on your lids the smaller your eyes will look.”
3. You can get authentically new brows without a tattoo or a brow pencil. Applying natural-looking eyebrows is easy with Colorescience Pro Minerals. You can use their Brow Gel to create a textured surface on your thin brow hairs to which a brow shadow will adhere, giving you fabulous eyebrows that look oh-so-real and aren’t painted on your skin.
Michael suggests, “By working from the outer corner toward the inner corner when doing color on the brow, you’ll get better results and more beautiful brows.”
4. The best makeup product to bring with you on a deserted island, after your SPF, is eyeliner. Most women would say the most important makeup product they can’t live without is mascara, but eyeliner has the capability to create more prominent lashes, while also making your eyes appear larger and more defined.
Michael recommends, “Colorescience Pro eyeliner is easy to work with because the length of the eyeliner brush is short, allowing you to get a precise line near the edge of the lid.”
5. You can’t make a mistake with Colorescience Pro Minerals. Colorescience Pro Minerals products are easy to change throughout the day when you want to go from a natural and fresh look for the day to having dramatic smoky eyes for the evening.
Michael raves, “Mineral makeup never has to stay the way it looks when you first put it on. It is always a work in progress, so you’re never stuck with anything unless you choose to stop moving it.”